ACSR Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced
ACSR is composed out of 1350-H19 aluminum wires surrounding a galvanized steel core. Variable steel cores enables desired strength and corrosion resistance to be achieved without influencing the conductivity.
ACSR has high breaking load, both its aluminum wires and its steel wires participate in carrying the loads.
ACSR is considered sensitive to corrosion due to being composed out of galvanized steel wires, yet it serves for periods of over 50 years without significant problems.
ACSR is recommended for use as a transmission cable between the power station and substations, and as primary and secondary distribution cable.
Moseroth ACSR meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
• B-230 Aluminum Wire, 1350-H19 for Electrical Purposes
• B-231 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded
• B-232 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded, Coated Steel Reinforced (ACSR)
• B-341 Aluminum-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminum Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR/AZ)
• B-498 Zinc-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminum Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR)
• B-802 Zinc-5% Aluminum-Mischmetal Alloy-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminum Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR)